7.24.2003

Last night I ran on a treadmill for the first time. For some reason I've never had occasion to run on one before, and I was under the impression that it would be a completely mundane experience because people do it all the time. It was, in fact, very surreal. Not only are you running and not going anywhere, which is significantly weirder than I thought it would be, but the feel of the rubber strip pulling under your feet made me think of spinning on a hamster wheel lined with scotch tape. I was either going to stick to it, or fall off, and either way it wouldn't be pretty. It's also much harder to put your feet down in any sort of normal manner onto that surface - they kept splaying to the side begging for a sprained ankle - I suppose anything to end the treadmill monotony. I also have never run while watching television before, which was also weird. Especially because it was the discovery channel showing a bad re-enactment of some child's murder, which appeared to have taken place in a classroom or after school, and there was no sound so you have to guess what all the badly dramatized snippets are supposed to be portraying. Very strange. People do some very odd things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home