7.22.2003

Well, I didn't exactly finish Harry Potter, but I did manage to spend over 5 hours in Marine Park Saturday, doing mostly nothing much but listening to the water and looking up into a tree, then saw Spirited Away projected onto the wall of the public library that evening. It was a good day. It's been ages since I wrote in this, but I don't have much time, so it'll just be a summary I guess. The family vacation was fun, although it's always good to get back home. The new young cousins were fun, especially Brian, who is four years old and mostly speaks Japanese (I had actually picked up a little from him, but I don't remember any now). He can understand English, but he'll answer you in Japanese, or a mixture of both, which makes it interesting. I almost got to go to NYC, but it was 95 degrees outside that day, so everyone else decided they didn't want to walk around outside in a city. Bummer. So, we went to Hartford instead - not quite as exciting. Then we had family visiting our house as soon as I got back, which was also fun, but I was a bit overwhelmed by the energy of young boys. They're really exhausting and I have no idea what to say to them. I like kids, but I never know how to talk to them. I'm afraid I'll either sound like I think they're younger than they are, or I'll be a boring adult. Which they already think I am I'm sure, so I guess I've got nothing to lose.

The last weeks have been stressful for just about everyone I know, and our household is definitely feeling strain, for about three zillion different reasons that don't need to be listed. It just seems to be one thing on top of another. And last night I had brought home some editing from work and managed to set some of the papers on fire with a candle that was on the kitchen table. Luckily not very important papers - that would have been bad.

I'm going to play with the templates for this blog, because the new ones are prettier in my opinion than the old, but I'm sure I'll lose the comments and things until I remember how to put them back in...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home