1.10.2004

friday five

Because I don't have enough time at work to write a real blog entry that involves thought about what to write, I decided to just do the Friday Five thing today. This is actually last week's five, but it doesn't matter because I didn't do it last week. I think the Friday Five and things like it are neat ideas - they are basically the same sort of exercises we used in creative writing classes to get the juices flowing when you have no idea what to put on the page. Anyway, enough introduction:

What one thing are you most looking forward to . . .

1. ...today?

Getting home tonight and taking a hot bath after going to the gym.

2. ...over the next week?

Starting new yoga classes. It's exciting to begin the first week of class with a bunch of new students, meeting a bunch of new people, and introducing them to viniyoga!

3. ...this year?

Moving to Japan. I've been thinking about it more now that the weather is thawing and it feels spring-like for a while. I can't believe in the spring we'll be getting ready to go!

4. ...over the next five years?

In the next five years? Am I supposed to be able to think that far ahead? If I have to choose just one thing in the next five years, I guess it would be having a child, since we do plan to eventually and I think our first will be within the next five years (probably closer to the end of that period!)

5. ...for the rest of your life?

The one thing I am most looking forward to for the rest of my life? Can I even begin to guess what that would be at the naive age of 25? I guess I am looking forward to surrounding myself with interesting wonderful people, both family and friends, for hopefully many many long years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home