2.14.2004

friday five

1. Are you superstitious?

Maybe slightly. I don't believe most of them, but I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt to certain practices.

2. What extremes have you heard of someone going to in the name of superstition?

This is more a folk remedy, but I know someone whose mother put chewed-up garlic in her ears, eyes, nose, and mouth when she was a child and had chicken pox, because chicken pox doesn't like garlic. Poor kid.

3. Believer or not, what's your favorite superstition?

Well, the black cat superstition is reversed for me - they've so far been good luck.

4. Do you believe in luck? If yes, do you have a lucky number/article of clothing/ritual?

I do - I have a pouch of lucky pennies and other lucky articles I always have with me, and I wear a necklace that I never take off. Don't know if I would consider it bad luck not to have it, but I feel wrong without it.

5. Do you believe in astrology? Why or why not?

I know my star sign fits me very well (Taurus) and I know my husband's fits him very well (Gemini), and I know some horoscopes are sometimes right and sometimes not at all. I don't believe the daily horoscope things, but I do think there's something to the significance of the time of your birth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home