4.12.2004

It's official

Well, we are officially moving to Japan in July. I was accepted to JET. It has not really registered completely yet, although it's slowly sinking in as we're starting to make real solid actual plans now. Although, not everything is finalized. My husband is a JET alternate, which means there is a chance that a placement will open for him as others turn them down or back out, but we may not know until the last minute. Many alternates do get placed, so the chances are good, but we've decided we're definitely going either way. I won't find out where my placement is for another several weeks, but once we know that, he can begin looking for other jobs in the area as well. It kind of puts a damper on the excitement, but we'll work everything out in the long run. It's going to be a very long and a very very short next few months. It is truly incredible to me that my very first visit to a foreign country (other than Canada) will be to move there to live. That's wild. And very cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home