5.19.2004

extreme popsicle makeover

I have been eyeing the pretty new Blogger templates, so I decided it was time for a change. I apologize if any comments that anyone was deeply attached to got dumped in the process. Let's give these Blogger-brand comments a go and see how dependable they are. I'm sure I'll still be modifying things as I attempt to learn how to manipulate this design stuff, but I am nearly as computer unsavvy as they come, so it will take some time. But isn't it pretty?

Life in popsicle-land has basically just been building up of stress, like static electricity on a balloon when you rub it on the carpet before sticking it to the ceiling. You never did that when you were a kid? It's dangerous if you have those bumpy cottage-cheese stucco ceilings. The countdown to departure is becoming more rapid, but preparations are still being procrastinated. Only two Mondays left at work! (I'm not counting Memorial Day - ha!) I'm excited about everything, but just overwhelmed. This week or next I should find out our destination, and then everything will get even more interesting. Stay tuned.

9 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Blogger syrinx said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger syrinx said...

Hmmm, interesting. You can apparently only sign your name to a comment and link to your e-mail address or website if you have a blogger profile and log in. Even though my last comment service was down a lot, maybe it was better than this.

Any comments on the comments?

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Diego said...

You can use Haloscan, they've been really reliable.

Nice new look! I'm envious!

 
At 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. This is Trench and these comments are somewhat limiting but I dig your new format. Chapter 26? I think I'll skip to the next chapter if you don't mind.

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this the pretty hippy, I really like the new look you got there. This comment system is weirding me out. It says that this blog does not accept anonymous comments yet you can post anonymously. WTF

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Diego said...

I kinda agree with Trench. The comments are nice because they are all inclusive, yet I like the pop-ups better because it doesn't completely take you away from the blog. Dig the look, though. Very nice. The comments work just fine. You can change your comments settings so that anyone can post comments too, you know. I think it's defaulted to just let fellow bloggers comment. Give that a shot.

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger syrinx said...

That's weird, I don't know why it says it doesn't allow anonymous comments when it does. And it is already set on the setting that allows anyone to comment. That's why you can comment anonymously. Otherwise, if you didn't have a blogger account you wouldn't be able to at all. I might go to haloscan or something instead, when I have time to mess with it again.

 
At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha diego linked to http://popsiclestand.blogspot.com on his page, thats someone else! hahaha

 
At 3:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ted- I liek the new look as well. I used to rub the baloon on my head not the rug .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home