5.29.2004

good news, but still a mystery

I found out yesterday that I've been placed in Hyogo-ken as a prefectural JET! Which means that I'll be contracted to the prefectural Board of Education there. From what I've gathered online, it sounds like chances are good that I'll be teaching senior high school, and it also sounds like I may not find out what town or area of Hyogo we'll be in for quite a while. But - we're in the region we requested, and no matter where we end up we'll have fairly quick train access to Kobe, Osaka, Kyoto, and shinkansen can get you from Kobe to Tokyo in less than 3 hours. Washington state is the sister-state to Hyogo, so I should have expected placement there, but I didn't know about the sister-state relationship until yesterday.

So, we still don't know if we'll be in a tiny town in snowy mountains, near one of the coasts, near a city, etc. Wouldn't want to ruin the surprise!

Wow - I only have two weeks of work left and now at least I can look at where we're going on a map. This long long process is actually happening and I'm still pretty much in disbelief of it all.

6 Comments:

At 5:02 AM, Blogger Gabriel said...

Well congrats, then, senorita!

Sounds like you're gonna be waaaaaaaaaaay the heck away from me, but I might still see you at departure or orientation.

Cheers!

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Diego said...

That's very awesome and exciting! We'll be looking forward to all your adventures soon!

 
At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is dansen... well, ya know, i dont think you'll be in snowy moutains because your so far down in japan... and your a bit far frum me but trench will have to make it up here some how (jyuhatchiwhatever ticket, cheap!) and visit me before i go off to koweeea... or maybe I will come down there and say hello before i head off, i never been downs theres yet! ^-^

 
At 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trench said: Packing actually is going well don't you think? Wish we knew which town.

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger syrinx said...

Dansen, if you look at the 2nd site I liked to, it talks about the mountainous snowy rural region of Hyogo - so snow's a possibility! But it's still gonna be plenty warm when we get there (mentally preparing for sweat-drenching heat/humidity). Trench and I wanna come visit you in Tokyo before you leave, and of course if you want to check out the area you can come visit too!

Trench - I love packing! Seriously, it's fun so far - am I going insane? It's nice to throw away everything. So much more room for things...

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Gabriel said...

You're packing already?

Fuck, I haven't even put the orientation into my schedule. Different strokes, I guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home