9.12.2004

macodonorudu = bad idea

I've been trying to set up a fotolog at www.fotolog.net with a daily keitai photo, but it's not working! Patience is key for anything involving me and the net, and I've never been good at patience. Bear with me, somehow photos will get up somewhere eventually. Yesterday we did much shopping and tried out a McDonald's here. I'd heard the food was better than at McDonald's in the states. Well, the restaurant itself was certainly cleaner and nicer and the service was far better, but the food was exactly the same, and made me feel just as ill for the rest of the day as McDonald's used to. Sadly, I'm in love with their french fries, a habit I must break. Food here typically is nowhere near as heavy as McDonald's food, so it was a shock to the system to be that full. Yuck. No more Macodonorudu. This place is slowly feeling more like home, especially now that classes have started and I'm busy. The students are really nice and funny. Hopefully we'll start Japanese classes soon at the local international center, because our Japanese is very very inadequate. It also might be a good way to meet some people over here, because our social life needs some, well, life!

4 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So they didn't add any different items to the menu or have different spices in the Mac food? They did all that to the menu when I was in Europe. Although same amount of grease. (Yuck.)

Andrea

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger syrinx said...

Only things that I could see that were different were a McGrand burger that had horseradish sauce on it, a teriyaki burger, fish nuggets with wasabi sauce, and green tea soft cream (what they call soft serve ice cream here). I had the McGrand, unfortunately for me I don't really like horseradish, but I didn't know it had it when I ordered it. Oh well!

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Diego said...

McDonalds! Woo hoo! I remember when I was in Singapore, their large sizes weren't really huge like here. Their portions were smaller in Singapore, but it was pretty much the same old food. After you guys left, they've been remaking their image - not there's no clowns or kids in sight, and there are a lot of healthy alternatives. Odd.

Glad to hear that you guys are adjusting!

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dansen says.. good to see you got a photoblog up somewhere...! ^-^

and i think mACdonALds tastes a bit different over here, but maybe its just the unique flavors... ohhh thats whats in that burger, horseraddish? i was trying to figure it out hehehe o.O

 

Post a Comment

<< Home